70 Essential Oil Uses and Benefits | Earth Zen Wellness
The ultimate guide to aromatherapy and essential oils
If you want to know the most common uses for your oils you can find them listed below.
- Add Eucalyptus essential oil to hot water and a splash of vinegar and use to mop your floors.
- Add Lemon and Tea Tree essential oils to a spray bottle with a splash of vinegar and water and use as a bench spray.
- Place a few drops of Lemon essential oil into your dishwasher for a sparkling clean rinse aid.
- Rub Lemon essential oil over your stainless steel appliances for a shiny clean.
- Remove sticky reside with Lemon essential oil
- Add a couple of drops of Purify essential oil blend to your washing machine or dryer for a fresh clean scent.
- Forget to hang your washing out? Rewash with a few drops of Purify essential oil or add to your dryer to remove odour.
- Make up a hand sanitiser gel with aloe vera gel, vitamin E oil, water and a few drops of OnGuard essential oil blend.
- Add a drop of OnGuard to your vacuum cleaner filter to cleanse the air as you clean.
- Add a couple of drops of Myrrh to your toothpaste for added cleansing properties.
- To deodorise your fridge and cupboards, add citrus oils such as Lemon, Lime or Grapefruit to a bowl of bi-carb soda.
- Add a few drops of Purify to bi-carb soda and sprinkle over the carpets then leave it for at least an hour before vacuuming.
- Add a couple of drops of Purify to the base of your bin to keep it smelling fresh and clean.
- Make vacuuming smell nice by placing a couple of drops of OnGuard to the filter or bag.
Body and Face
- Add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to dōTERRA unscented body lotion for your own natural perfume.
- Add a couple drops of Whisper to your wrists and behind ears. This blend will mix with your own chemistry and create a unique perfume to you.
- Make a mix of epsom salt, sea salt and essential oils such as grapefruit and bergamot and take a bath for a beautiful self-care ritual.
- Mix a few drops of OnGuard with water and use as a mouthwash.
- Place a small amount of Salubelle around your eyes (cheek bone distance away) to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply Lemongrass to support achy muscles and joints after a workout or playing sports.
- Remove nail polish with Lemongrass by adding a few drops to a cotton round then remove as you would with nail polish remover.
- Soothe achy and sore muscles with Deep Blue/Ice Blue. Either by adding it to Epsom salts and taking a bath or directly onto the area of concern.
- To help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, add oils to your moisturiser such as Myrrh, Rose or Frankincense.
- Make your own pure-fume for men with Patchouli, Lime and Sandalwood
- Ditch the toxic deodorant and make your own by mixing ¼ cup bi-carb and 2 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil or fractionated coconut oil and add essential oils of your choice. I like to use Whisper for it’s warm, musk scent.
- Immortelle/Salubelle is amazing for all things skin, such as to reduce the appearance of pigmentation and fine lines.
- Dilute Immortelle/Salubelle with equal parts of fractionated coconut for the perfect makeup base.
- Pamper your feet with a soak of Epsom salts, bi-carb and Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Diffuse Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint when environmental threats are high, especially in springtime.
- Diffuse Peppermint, Wild Orange and Frankincense in the office for an invigorating aroma and sense of focus.
- Diffuse Marjoram with Serenity/Lavender Peace and Cedarwood half an hour before bed for a calming bedroom environment.
- For a home made car diffuser, place a few drops of Lemongrass onto a wooden peg and peg it onto your cars air-con grill.
Moods and Emotions
- Take a relaxing bath with Lavender essential oil.
- Apply Balance to the base of your feet in the morning for a calm and grounded start to your day.
- Apply Lavender Peace to the bottoms of your feet half hour before bedtime for a restful nights sleep.
- Apply Arborvitae to your wrists before and during your flight to calm nerves and for a sense of grounding.
- Apply Cheeer roller to your wrists and behind your ears when you are attending a conference or workshop that you would rather NOT be at.
- Do you become a bit crabby once a month and need a lottle bit of mood support? Use ClaryCalm daily across your abdomen or roll across ankle reflex points for ovaries.
- Blend together Lavender Peace, Cedar wood and Vetiver in a roller bottle and roll on wrists in highly stressful situations to calm nervous tension.
- Add Peppermint, Wild Orange and Frankincense to a roller bottle, top with carrier oil and use throughout the day or when you are starting to feel tired for an invigorating pick-me-up.
- Diffuse Sandalwood during yoga or meditation for a deeper practice.
- Use InTune focus blend during study to sustain focus and promote a healthy thought process.
- Use Jasmine to help balance your mood throughout the month.
- Diffuse Easy Air in the bedroom for respiratory support during times of environmental threats.
- Diffuse Purify to cleanse the air in your home.
- Clear the energy in your home by making a room spray with OnGuard and Wild Orange.
- Diffuse Lavender Peace in the lead up to bedtime to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
- Apply TerraShield before going outdoors to deter insects from landing on you.
- Make a spray with Tea Tree and water and spray plants that have been affected with fungus.
- Deter insects away from your vegetable garden with a spray of Peppermint, Lavender, Cedar wood, and Thyme.
- Apply Lavender directly to an insect bite on the skin for instant soothing and calming.
- SPIDERS can be scary! But did you know they do not like Peppermint? Place drops of Peppermint, or make a spray and use around the home to deter.
- If you have had a bit too much sunshine in the day, make a cooling refreshing spray with Lavender, Peppermint and Frankincense.
- Apply Juniper Berry over kidneys and urinary tract to support healthy function.
- For supporting your immune system during environmental and seasonal threats, make up a vegetable capsule with OnGuard, Lemon, Tea Tree, Oregano and Frankincense and take with food 2-3 times a day.
- Ease menstrual cramping with ClaryCalm by rubbing across abdomen daily in the lead up to, and 2-3 times daily during mensturation.
- For respiratory support add Easy Air, Cypress and Lime to a roller and spritzer and use as needed.
- If you are feeling hungover from a few too many drinks last night, add Ginger, Lemon and Frankincense to a veggie capsule and take with breakfast.
- Replace herbs and spices with essential oils. NOTE: ratio will be different, and different depending on oil.
- Add a drop of Lemon to your morning lemon drink for cleansing properties and to aid in digestion.
- Add a drop of Cinnamon or Cassia to coconut yogurt and use as a fruit dip.
- Add 2-3 drops each of Basil, Lemongrass, Ginger, and Cilantro to your next green Thai curry recipe.
- Make Choc Top Peppermint Bites! Recipe link here…?
- When preparing an Italian dish, replace one tablespoon of dried oregano with one drop of Oregano essential oil.
- Clean residue off of your fresh fruit and vegetables in the sink with ½ cup vinegar, water and a few drops of lemon.
- Make some immunity apples and stop them browning so quick by placing OnGuard into some water and soak the cut apples for at least an hour. These make for a great school snack!
- Apply Balance to your children/s feet in the morning upon waking and at night before bed, especially if they are feeling stressed or anxious.
- Apply InTune to wrists and back of neck during study and exams to bring a sense of focus.
- Support your child/rens immune system during the winter months with a roller of OnGuard and fractionated coconut oil rubbed into their feet and spine daily.
- For travelling and outings, make up a spray bottle of OnGuard and water for a sanitising hand spray.